Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 1125: Boston, not quite a town, not quite a city. A towity.

My good friend Smash (from college who currently resides in Boston) calls it a cown (pronounced like "sound" with no "d"). I think it's a towity. In all honesty, I wasn't wow-ed by Boston. It was there. I entered with no expectations of the city, which is the best way to go through new experiences in life I've found.  I knew it wouldn't be New York. And believe you me, it was not. It has a lot of history and a lot of interesting architecture. It's a walk-able towity. It's pretty. Its subway system is fine. It sure as ain't no New York Metro, but it gets you from A to B. There are lots of colleges. Lots of students. Lots of white people. Lots of Asians (predominantly around MIT, shocker much?). All I can tell you is, Boston is not for me. If I had to live there, temporarily (like when I was in North Carolina), I would, of course. But I would never choose to live there. It's fun enough to visit though. Next time, I'll do more of the free things.

I lost my Boston pictures when I synced up my new phone to my computer. I was bummed about losing some fun pictures of Boston Common and the Public Garden (pretty parks in the heart of Boston), the George Washington statue wearing a customized Bruins jersey, the State House (pretty gold roof), and churches (pretty architecture), but such is life. I only have pictures from my camera, which have people in them. And for those of you who don't know, I have this weird idea about publicizing myself so even though I have a blog, have you noticed there are no pictures of me? Even my new teeth ones have my eyes barred out. I don't know why I'm so weird about it. When I read fashion blogs, etc, I like seeing the blogger's pictures. To post pictures of myself or not? That is the question. (Comment if you feel so inclined, I'm here for the masses of course)

0 comments: