- I have had a full week of labs this week and they are going to be hard work! I'm glad to be done with labs by Tuesday but man, a full day of labs on Tuesday? That is a looong day.
- I am just about done applying to internships (yay!). I'll find out in March so, yeah.
- I helped some old SIP kids/friends with Physics I homework Tuesday night. I felt tres smart and I actually helped them, which was the biggest surprise. I managed to answer all their questions and help them answer all their homework problems.
- I have started my SIP sessions for Chemistry I. I'm really glad to be SIPing for this class because I didn't learn it very well over the summer so this will be a great refresher.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I was much more productive today than I have been in days past. I think it helps when I haul my butt out of my room (and away from my computer and this evil thing called the internet) and sprawl all over the living room. Here is a fun science analogy.
Entropy is a scientific term describing the disorder of things. Things (in nature, life, and science) occur spontaneously (naturally, without at input of energy/work) the more disorder there is. Therefore, based on the disorder of the living room (as a result of books, papers, writing utensils, etc) ... I'm going to say the flow of knowledge is spontaneous. And I suppose that last bit was a bit of a stretch but hey, the analogy worked!
A picture I took using my phone (of my entropy!)...
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
My classes are going to difficult, but nothing I can't handle. I just need to get a hard-core study schedule together and then I'll be good. Physiology is going to be great. Organic II is going to be party (filled with lots of work, but I'm excited). And I may actually learn Physics this semester. Shock, I know.
Oh and I saw ... what's his name ... I keep forgetting all these fake names I give people ... anyway, the one I used to hang out with religiously and everyone thought we were dating? Yeah, that guy. Saw him for the first time since half past never. It was fine. I've decided boys are idiots because they're the ones that don't know what they want and are flighty. Pfft, good thing I'm going to kick his ass on the MCAT. Ha! Suck on that!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I still had class (a delay until 10 am) but one of the other universities in town canceled class. How absurd!
Anyway, here are some pictures from my window and of my balcony. (Snow-covered!)
The pool doesn't freeze because of water's specific heat capacity.
Snow on the balcony!
Anyhoo, I had Physiology lab today. Apparently the course instructor is my lab instructor as well. That's good face time, I think. And I didn't know if I had Organic II lab today so ... I didn't go? Whatever dude. The O-Chem lab coordinator loves me so even if he's not my exact instructor ... whatever. He'll give me an A. I'm being over-confident, I know. I'm still going to work my butt off, don't worry. It just helps that me and most of the Chemistry department are BFFs. Seriously.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Anyway, I got back to NC Tuesday night. It's taken me some time to get acclimated. There was a little issue with the apartment (involving someone staying in my room even after my roommate left...yeah...don't worry about it) and that was settled pretty quickly. Even so, I can't quite get back into studying. It's taken longer than anticipated? I think this is why I gave myself a week. It's been a slow process -- waking up earlier, getting back into science, et cetera.
Let's see, since I've been back I have...
- Cleaned my room and bathroom (quite necessary)
- Done laundry (today actually! Needed to wash the slept-in-but-not-by-me sheets)
- Bought $100-worth of groceries (I'm eating healthy this year, promise.)
- Researched and applied to summer internships (I'm not expecting anything, but I'm hoping like crazy!)
- Worked out (thank goodness! I want abs this year too!)
- "Studied" (quotations are key)
obviously don't, ha!)
I'll let you know how life goes as I head back to no social life (I've dropped all those losers), lots of school (LOTS) , MCAT prep (I need to get that organized) and working out (my form of sanity).