Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 1173: Getting settled.

I am completely amazed at how stressful it is to move into an unfurnished place.

Upon my arrival in Milwaukee on Monday August 1st, I bought a bed. They couldn't deliver it until Thursday so Bruce offered to get me the bed with his family's van. Well, we didn't get to that until Tuesday. I didn't sleep that well Monday night and I decided to go to Target before we got the bed to start furnishing my apartment. While there, I felt absurdly overwhelmed with how little I had. Couple that with all of my worldly possessions piling up in the living room, and an empty bedroom with no bed, and not-a-good-night's-rest, is it little wonder that suddenly, out of nowhere, while on the phone with my sister, I have a flat out nervous breakdown. I am hysterical. I am crying all over the place, my hands start to tense up (and I can't curl my fingers back in), I have to put my head between my knees to get oxygen into my lungs and I am just a mess. Luckily, Bruce saved the day. He came and got me and we got my preciously firm queen-sized mattress and set her up in my room. And I love her.

The rest of the week was spent buying things and building things (desk, chair, cabinets/shelving units). Groceries were purchased. Clothes were unpacked. No internet was to be had, but that gave me a chance to catch up on Sex and the City. The love of my life television series. Orientation begins in two days! Eep!

0 comments: