Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1168: The drive to Milwaukee

The drive from California to Milwaukee was completely doable. Bruce and I stopped in Salt Lake City, Mount Rushmore and Rochester, Minnesota. Salt Lake City was very beautiful. Bruce and I watched "Cowboys and Aliens" at this adorable little downtown-y complex. Mount Rushmore was pretty momentous. I was surprised at how patriotic I felt when I was there. And at all the foreign tourists. Rochester (home of the infamous Mayo Clinic) was hot! And humid! Bruce said it finally started feeling like home. Rochester was a cute city where Bruce and I watched "Crazy Stupid Love," which I would highly recommend seeing. Anyhoo, here are the pictures from le drive.

Entering Salt Lake City

The Gateway -- the cute downtown-y hip place to be in Salt Lake

Wyoming, I think?

Bruce photographing the presidents on his fancy newish smartphone

Hello George, Thomas, Franklin D., and Abraham!

0 comments: