Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 144: Test results...sort of

I think I just realized how boring this must be for all of you. Tests, studying, blah blah blah. I'll try and be better about making it more personal without laying all my goods out. Sound like a plan?

Anyhoo, the Organic exam was good. I have no idea how I did because there's always the inevitability of human error but I felt prepared. I've finally decided how this professors tests. Most professors have you read the book, do problems and ta-da! You know it. When you walk into the test, you've seen it all before. That is not the case with this guy...let's call him Professor Steeler (he's from the Pittsburgh area). He truly tests you on concepts. Reading and doing problems won't cut it. You need to actually understand what is happening in the reaction and why the nucleophile attacks the electrophile and whatnot because come test day, he will throw you a curve ball. And if you're a good hitter, you'll be able to tweak your ability (in this case Organic Chemistry knowledge) to hit the ball (answer the question).

The Physics lab test went fine. He actually tested us on Labs 1, 2 and 3 (instead of only 1 & 2). Therefore, upon his mistake, we have to have another test this week. There is one nice caveat though. He called out some students' names after the test and said "If I called your name, you got above a 90 so you can decide whether or not to take the test next week. If you don't, I will just count this grade as your first test grade." ...he called my name, so that was nice. I don't foresee me taking the test next week since I need to study for my Biology exam on Thursday.

Ooh! Here's something personal...I'm off to New York next weekend! We have a fall break and I think I need to get my butt out of town for a few days to clear my head and not be here basically. It's nothing bad but it'll be a nice break. I get to eat good food and see my wonderful friends and just be in a city that thrives and where I don't fear for my life when it gets dark out (only half-kidding).

So this week, get through it. Study for Biology. The end.

1 comments:

c.bellardo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so jealous that you're going to NY!!!-but happy that you're going to clear your head. Congrats on the good grade!