Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 134: Nice weather and moods

I had some extra time today so I thought I would blog. I know how excited that makes you all ;)

Anyway, I've decided to work on "not sweating the small stuff." And this sentiment deals mainly with friends and such but I think I'm letting it apply to school. There are things you can't change after the fact (like a not-so-hot lab score) and then there are things you can (such as studying like a maniac for upcoming exams) change before the fact. I know, I know, I'm a little late on the uptake but at least I got it.

I saw my friend Joy's cat for her Anatomy class. It's all dead and in a box and they named it Butters. I can't wait for Gross Anatomy where I get to hang out with a cadaver. (Seriously.)

Physics is still the absolute bane of my existence. That professor blows. Hard.

I'm learning to identify patterns in alkene reactions (Organic) so that's sweet.

I've realized/decided that Biology is going to be sheer memorization. No real concepts. No real understanding. Just stuff you gotta know. ...uhh...fun?

And my moods have been on the upswing mainly as a result of ... the weather? And family and friends that care. And just getting my act together and getting myself out of these slumps. I can't depend on others for everything. That's just irrational.

0 comments: