Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 3066: Pediatric Urology

Hello hello!

I apologize for the 6-day delay! I was doing so well last week!

This month, I am on pediatric urology for my surgery sub-internship. This is a pretty cush gig -- no notes, no presentations, and no weekends! This is actually easier than my medicine sub-I! Shh, don't tell anyone!

I am in my final week of rotating on this rotation. (My last day is 9/30.) It has been fun-ish. I don't love the OR -- it's hot, I can't itch any of my itches, and I rarely get to do anything as a student. Snip some suture string here. Clamp something there. Pull this retractor. I have the most fun when I have the chance to sew! And I love to sew! The residents and fellow are great. The kids are cute. The cases are interesting. Nevertheless, I am ready to move on. Mainly because once this month is over, I don't have any real work for the rest of the year. Woo-hoo!

Blog soon!

0 comments: