Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 3050: House-town

In early July, I flew to Houston to take my clinical skills board exam. Basically, fake patients came in with fake complaints and I had to treat them like real patients. Ask the "right" questions, perform the "right" physical exam, write the "right" (love the rhyme) note. I, of course, overexamined every aspect of that exam afterward and was truly worried I might have failed the exam. Luckily, these results have come out and I have passed!

The moral of this post, however, was to provide more pictures! I chose to take this exam in Houston because my old college roommate lives there. I haven't seen her in more than 4 years so it was a visit that has been a long time coming. It was great to see her, catch up, and experience the woman she has grown in to since we were last in-person together.

Just like old times--giggling over drinks.

Funny faces at the Houston Aquarium

White tiger pals at the Houston Aquarium

Is this her prince?

Outside the Houston Aquarium

Happy gals and marlins

We went to the Osteen Church so I could experience a televangelist service.

Mr. Joel Osteen, himself. This man is well-dressed!

Celebrating the end of my board exam!

0 comments: