Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 202: Some good news

I finally got in contact with the only girlfriend (Joy) I wanted to keep from the bunch of bad apples (that I once called "friends") and we missed each other. We were both busy studying for respective events so we were just busy. She still loves me and I still love her and all is right with the world.

Onto more good news...for those of you who know me, and I'm all about mitigating any good accomplishments because I hate bragging more than anything else, I'm going to step out of my shell a little and tell you something. We got our Organic test results back and I did fine. Better than fine actually. I...kind of...well...got the highest grade on the test? Thank goodness he didn't call me out and say "Jessica got the highest grade on the exam" but it was pretty sweet to figure it out. In other good news, the class did so crappy (the average was 54) he's adding 10 points to everyone's score. I never count that stuff (he's done that twice now) but it's pretty sweet to know I've got a decent exam average. I mean, really freaking sweet.

The Physics test went fine. I did pull a Calvin on one question (I couldn't figure out how the numbers worked so I wrote a paragraph about why there should be a change in temperature) but I could care less.


If only my professor provided me with such a loophole...

I've decided if I come out with not-the-best-grade due to my circumstances...I'm going to deal with it. No tears. No pouts. No pissy fits. I'm just going to study my ass of second semester and kick butt on the Physics portion of the MCAT. If I can't fix the past, I can learn from it and improve my future.

So now I'm going to keep studying Physics concepts (specifically momentum and impulse and things that involve Greek letters), watch some "Dexter" (don't tell me!) and study some more for my final on Wednesday.

0 comments: