Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 1991: Children

I decided something today. After seeing children upon children in my almost-seven weeks here, I have to say, I am not impressed. Babies cry…a lot. When they become toddlers, they talk…a lot. They have a lot of energy and need to be played with…a lot. I like playing with the patient’s children, or the patients themselves if they are children, but I like that they are not my own. I like giving them back to their mommies or daddies because I sure as heck don’t want them. So, let it be known, family medicine has shown me that despite how adorable some children are, others are a huge pain in the butt. I don’t like those odds. Childbearing is definitely not in my near future (or ever? We’ll see how that goes.) My parents lucked out with how marvelous my sister and I were. Marvelous, I tell you. Don’t let them tell you otherwise! ;)

My Mom and my cousin's son

0 comments: