Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 762: Showers and letters

I co-hosted a bridal shower yesterday and it went swimmingly. I was quite impressed with how everything went off without a hitch. Except the fact I still have braces. Anyway.

The letter of good standing I needed from NYU has been sent and received by AMCAS. Whee! That's the last of everything I needed and now it's in. Now I wait until schools accept submissions and then the secondaries will (hopefully) come flowing in.

Something amusing. My sister called me last week to inform me I received a letter from Drexel University. I assured her it was a rejection letter, so I had her open it. She opened it and the first words she saw were "wait list" and she proceeded to tell me I had been waitlisted. I assured her this was not the case and had her read the letter (or at least the first paragraph) to get her facts straight. She read it. And she was certainly mistaken. There was no holding of breaths when she told me I was on the waitlist, I just thought it was funny and amusing how poorly worded these rejection letters are. A novice reader of rejection letters, like my sister, would be stuck in grammatical limbo based on how terribly phrased these letters are.

0 comments: