Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 357: Stupid roosters

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I have been hearing rooster crows for the past few months. At first, I thought I was imagining it. Or I found it amusing. Or something. I can't remember. All I know is, I was real confused as to why a rooster was crowing at all hours of the day (not solely in the morning).

Anyhoo, my roommate and her boyfriend came home a few weeks ago and heard the same thing and thought it was my TV show or something. (It wasn't.) They saw a car drive by that night (while they were out on the porch) and heard a rooster crow sound coming out of the car so they assumed it was the horn sound (who would choose a rooster crow as a horn sound is another question altogether). My roommate's boyfriend called the police and nothing was really done about it.

Well, the other morning when I got up to work out, I saw this stupid little bird and it was far away so I couldn't see if it was a chicken or rooster. Well, I didn't have to look/squint much longer because it tucked its stupid head back and let out a big fat crow. And I said to myself (at six o' clock in the morning), "I am going to shoot that damn bird." Granted, I don't own a gun and have never shot one, BUT the sentiment is true.

Anyway, I thought maybe I was still being crazy (because it was far away and rather early), but I went for a run outside this morning and I ran by three stupid roosters! THREE! Now I have three birds I need to shoot. One must crow in the morning, the second in the afternoon and the third must crow in the evening.


I wonder what rooster meat tastes like.
I hope it's like chicken...

0 comments: