Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 297: An eye-opener

I took a practice MCAT today. Um, yeah. It could have gone better. A lot better. I'm just frustrated with my application of my knowledge. Surprisingly (for this MCAT anyway), my Physical Sciences (Chemistry and Physics) was better than my Biological Sciences (Organic Chemistry and Biology). A lot of it was luck really. I just happened to have learned most of what was on the Physical Sciences portion and I hadn't learned a lot of what was on the Biological Scienes section. Oh well. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, but I'm actually extremely disappointed in myself.

In other news, New York was wonderful. I really miss my NYU pals and I'm so very impressed with how far they've all come. They're all working gals with plans and significant others and bills and other adult things. I'm still in student-land :P

Let's see, in pure idiocy news, I washed my iPod. Yes, washed. As in put in the washer. With my clothes. I guess I was anxious to get my dirty clothes from pre- and post-NYC washed that right after I worked out yesterday, I just tossed the jacket (holding my iPod) into the wash. I'm an idiot. I know. Huge freaking idiot. Ugh.


My waterlogged iPod :(

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I want a new iPod Touch or a new iPod Nano. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I got an A-minus on my Physics exam. That's fine. All of my friends and I decided that the test was terrible and some of us (not me) were ready to cry when it was over. It was a bad test. Thus, I will take my A-minus and run with it. The Organic exam from Friday went fine. It felt like one of Dr. Red's usual exams so I'm sure he'll grade it more difficultly this time around.

I really need to do well on things to boost my academic ego. Physiology's been kicking my butt lately and then with this practice MCAT and washing my iPod and general badness... I just need something good (that I earned) to come my way. At this point, I can only move forward so I'm going to study more. That's really all I can do.

0 comments: