Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 300: Exam Results and Physics Frustrations

Exam results. I did well in Organic (not quite perfect but close) so that was good. Talked with Dr. Red about my test and we just chatted for a bit. It was nice.

So my low A in Physics? Uhh, apparently there were only 8 A's in the entire class. Here's the breakdown:
  • 90 - 99 : 8
  • 80 - 89 : 23
  • 70 - 79 : 33
  • 60 - 69 : 23
  • 60 > : 10
So, with only 8 A's. I'll take it. Honestly, Physics is becoming extremely frustrating because, for this last exam, I did at least 75% of the odd problems for each chapter. I did the practice test. I went over the results/answers and figured out what I did wrong. I proceeded to study the parts of the practice test I didn't understand (concepts, problem solving, et al). And I didn't have much to show for it.

I'm completely sure that my professor just throws all the exams up in the air and decides what the curve will be from there. Seriously! The curves he comes with are, pardon the pun, real curve balls. He's all about standard deviation...which is really freaking annoying.


A possible standard deviation equation
(umm...okay...
)

He uses different curves for each exam to create said standard deviation. It's just a guessing game because none of the points correlate with anything that makes sense.

Anyhoo, the first real school week in two weeks. Getting slowly back into it. It was a decent way to start off the week though (doing decently on two exams). Hopefully I'll ace my physiology quiz on Friday 'cause I need to. The heart. Pump, thump, pump. It's pretty cool how it works. I'll give y'all some fun facts in the next entry. With pictures, I promise.

0 comments: