Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 031: Test results, studying and the upcoming schedule

We got our tests back yesterday. The fantastic four (that's what Michael's wife calls us) did not do so good. The highest any of us got was a 90 ... this test kicked our ass. It was pretty much for stupid mistakes -- not converting units, not reading the problem all the way through, et cetera, et cetera.

The apathy's still around and I was a little affected by my grade on the test so I'm studying even more to make sure I ace these next two (big, fat) quizzes.

Today, Michael and I studied and got a better hang of electron orbitals and electron configuration.


Can you believe I actually know what this means?!

What that translates into is knowing how to read the periodic table and [warning: geeking out] let me tell you, the periodic table actually tells you a helluva lot. I won't bore you with details but it's pretty cool.

---------------------------

Upcoming schedule:

Monday: quiz on quantum mechanics [note: how (fake) smart do I sound? haha]

Tuesday: Whatever we learn on Monday. (I know, so stupid and random and fairly useless.)

Wednesday: Day off ... where I'll probably read the chapters we need to catch up on.

Thursday: Chem II starts!