Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 2191: A few updates

Okay, it's official people. I love people's junk (aka genitalia). I think urology is really for me. What I'm loving about it is the interesting cases, the (surgical) procedures and the fact that all the doctors I have met in the urology program here at my med school (from residents to attendings) are all truly fantastic people.

What else? My new microbiology course is awful. The professors are terrible and dry, the material is all letters and numbers. IL-2, IL-17, TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, etc etc. I remember seeing some of these words, if one can call them that, a million years ago when I did neurosurgery research back at Stanford. This class is going to be a huge pain in my ass. However, the silver lining to this dark dark cloud is that there is no cumulative final! Let us all praise Jesus and jump for joy!

Oh. I guess I should wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. I don't really like the sentiment of this day, for a number of reasons, but I do believe it is important to express love and gratitude to all six of my readers because it means you care enough about me to take time out of your day to read about the boring annals of med school. So, thank you for your time, your love and your friendship.

I have my psychiatry (of which, I have never been to one lecture this block nor have I looked at the lectures) and pathology next week. A micro quiz this Friday/tomorrow. A possible extra-credit autopsy for pathology tomorrow (they will call us at 7:30am to let us know we have to show up at the Medical Examiner's office by 8:15am). Fun fun fun.

0 comments: