Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 1834: Live from medical school...

...it's Saturday night (vaguely) and I'm still alive!

While learning neurological things about our senses (taste, touch, smell, vision and hearing), I have decided our brains do some pretty intense stuff to process our sense. I must say, it's interesting, but not so interesting that I want to know where all the nuclei are for my cranial nerves. Does it matter if my trigeminal nuclei (both motor and sensory) are in my mid-pons? No. Do you know why? Read this paragraph, I sound so obnoxious!

These are words medical neuroscience has taught me: lemniscus, colliculus, geniculate, there are more. Variations on a theme really. Lateral lemniscus, medial lemniscus, superior colliculus, inferior colliculus, you get the drift. These are the most recent ones to come up on my list of many things to learn.

Dear medical school (especially neuroscience), if you could give me a super high A on this exam, I swear on my favorite clothes that I will be the best doctor ever. Love, Jess

0 comments: