Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 000: Before the mania begins

Hi all,

For those of you unfamiliar with this new path, let me tell you what's up.

I woke up one day (seriously) and decided to be a doctor. Perhaps Avenue Q's "What do you do with a BA in English?" was the best reasoning my subconscious could muster for this, but I felt that my BA in Broadcast Journalism and Anthropology (with a minor in Spanish) was not going to cut it in the "real world." I then woke up and decided that saving lives would be an excellent way to compensate for all those liberal arts.

Therefore, I have started this blog to document how things on this path are going. I expect a lot of mania and hysterics and hopefully some excitement and joy and clarity from actually getting it.

Classes start in T-minus four hours and I'm nervous as hell. I started reading the first chapter of my lovely Chemistry book and it seems okay thus far.

However, things are not always as they appear. I saw another girl purchasing said chemistry book from the bookstore and to my utter dismay, she was Asian. Can I tell you how bad a sign that bodes? Asians (and I'm about to utilize every stereotype possible right now) study hard and are smart and good with numbers and if anyone knows me, I'm pretty much the antithesis of this. Hence, je suis tres tres screwed.

Moving past the nervousness, I'm interested to see how everything pans out. To see if I can handle science. To see how science relates to and may well be the world. To see, I don't know, how many Asians are in my class? Haha, what, I'm a diverse person.

I'll let you know how it goes. A lot probably. It'll be my only way to vent and cry and all that jazz.

1 comments:

c.bellardo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't forget that I'm your bitch buddy!!