Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 2961: It's all good.

Hey y'all,

Thank you to those who reached out to me regarding my previous post. I am fine. I'm sorry it made you all sad too. It's just strange to me that I have been able to make life-long friends in every aspect of my life (high school, college, post-baccalaureate studies) and yet I cannot seem to make a single G-D friend in medical school. I might have one -- the misogynist. But, as Danny pointed out, this is all up in the air. I may surprise myself with who I keep in touch with. I may actually keep in touch with people. Instead of getting down in the dumps about it (as is my M.O.), he recommends being more open-minded about it. I am trying, but it's much easier to be a Debbie Downer than it is to be Miss I-Love-Life.

I had my first real day of pediatric clinic today and I really enjoyed myself. I saw patients by myself, wrote notes, diagnosed some people. It was a good day. I told an anesthesiologist I met today that I wanted to do med-peds and he was very supportive. It made me feel good to know that in spite of the varied opinions I get from attendings regarding my decision to pursue med-peds, I think it's the right one for me. Now, to ensure that D and I end up in the same place. Battle numero dos.

0 comments: