Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 2407: Track Liaison

As I mentioned in this previous post, I was voted to be the liaison for my clinical track. All that means is, if there is any complaint or praise for a particular rotation, I will be the person to report it to the chair. The chair then contacts clerkship directors with the feedback.

Did I forget to mention I am also the chair? Whoops. It happened rather haphazardly but there it is. I'm the chair of something. (Ruh-roh Raggy, am I right? Me. In charge of something. Run for the hills, people.)

Anyway, our first meeting was brief (which everyone appreciated) and organized (so I was told). It took me about an hour or two to get all the comments together and forward them to clerkship directors. But now I am reeling in the aftermath of 8 emails. People want to meet with me. They want more explanations concerning the feedback. They want to, God forbid, talk.

I'm just being a melodramaphobe. It's nice to feel like I'm helping and contributing and other related words. I just didn't realize it actually took time out of my already-super-not-busy-life ;)

0 comments: