Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 2402: Lunch with my attending

Things that are fantastic:
  • Having your attending take you out to lunch to thank you for your work and just shoot the sh!t
  • Talking about things you find interesting (race relations, racism in the US, international medical students/doctors, different cultures)
  • Feeling like you've learned more about other people (colleagues and superiors alike)
I had a really rewarding lunch with my child psychiatry attending and child psychiatry fellow today. We ate crappy Chinese food, which put me in to a food coma later that day, but we got to talk about a lot of interesting things (see bullet points above).

I don't know if I've said it yet but I am really enjoying my clinical years of learning thus far. It's been wonderful to interact with different people everyday. It's been gratifying to feel like I am actually learning something, little by little, day by day. And, it's really splendid to feel like you have helped (and not hindered) your superiors.

A win for child psychiatry.

0 comments: