Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 2151: Saturday Free Clinic

Saturday Free Clinic always provides me with motivation and clarity. I wasn't particularly in the mood to volunteer today but, as always, SFC is always exactly what I need.

I wasn't feeling up to snuff regarding the physical exam, so of course the universe gave me more pharm, which was kind of fantastic and exactly what I needed to remind me that a) I know things and b) medicine really does a lot for people.

Today I had two patients related to diabetes. This showed me that I should probably be on top of my insulin/diabetes mellitus Type II meds since a lot of patients/people are diabetic. Other than that, it's amazing to see and feel (in my brain that is) the difference between M1 and M2 year. The M1s seem so green and new and fresh. It's crazy to think I was in their shoes just 365 days ago. I am really enjoying this new found knowledge and medical confidence.

0 comments: