Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 1949: My first day

Okay, that's enough pictures for today. I want to tell you all about my summer, what has been and what will be.

Has been:
  • Went to Europe (more pictures to come!) -- that's the big one.
  • Danny and his brother came to visit me in California so we did a lot of fun sightseeing (pictures to come eventually...you'll see what I mean)

What will be:
  • I applied to and was chosen for a family medicine externship! It is 8-weeks of working with family medicine doctors in a clinic. Today was my first day and it was wonderful. I don't think I realized how diverse the patient population is for family doctors, today alone I saw a newborn baby, an 18-month old, a 9-year-old, a cranial 6 nerve palsy, annual checkups for women (breast and pelvic exams) and more! I can't wait to see what this externship will teach me next!
  • Visiting best friends, attending wedding things, being social-ish

0 comments: