Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 1221: I worry about getting SAD

The vague stirrings around the medical college suggest that seasonal affective disorder (also known as SAD) may be real. I always thought I had enough gumption and wherewithal and general good-body-vibes to withstand the oncoming of SADness. Well, I might be wrong.

The weather here in Milwaukee has been gloom central. For the past two weeks, it has been roughly 10 degrees colder than normal this year. It has been cloudy most of the week. Even the pockets of sunshine have not been enough to ward off the effects of becoming SAD. My biggest issue is that I sleep. All the time. I slept from about 2am to 9:30am last night/this morning. I came back from school around 1pm and promptly fell asleep while studying biochemistry. I didn't wake up until 4:40ish pm when my roommate came home for a brief moment. Then, while studying biochemistry again, I fell asleep in my desk/computer chair, feet propped on my desk, mouth agape, a slight puddle of drool forming on the cusp of my mouth, about to pour out.

I wonder if being SAD is contributing to my lack of focus this week. Hmm. Things to consider and eventually fall asleep to, I'm sure.

0 comments: