Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 1214: Spellling isseus

Let me tell you what I have discovered about medical school. No one, and I mean, no one knows how to spell. From my genetics lectures, to classmates, to my biochemistry lectures, spelling seems to be a whim for these people.

My genetics final had the word "sight" (as in vision) in place of "site" (as in location). Hello. That is a huge difference. There is a little overachiever of a classmate who makes flashcards online and shared them with us and she literally could not spell for her life. She misspells words like "the" to "teh." How the hell am I supposed to respect you as a doctor, much less a person, if you can't spell "the"? It has three frickin' letters. Lastly, my biochem professor misspelled emphysema as "emphasema." I sincerely don't understand. There is a spellcheck on all of these machines! Even Firefox has spellcheck! Okay, rant over.

1 comments:

LK said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope you are intentionally making this 'isseus'. Otherwise you are becoming like a doctor now!!

That's ok. Not everyone is a liberal art major. So spelling probably is not at the top of their priority lists.