Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 938: Winding down

As we draw closer to December 20th (the day the university closes for winter break), the workload seems to be slowing down. Granted, my workload is always slow, but that's besides the point.

This post is going to be more about the pros of my labwork (than the cons of the previous post). I have learned to do cool things, like perform surgery on rats, find arteries in said rats, and suture those babies up. I am supposedly a co-author on more than one publication (who knows if this will happen until the paper has been a) accepted and b) comes out). My mandarin has 进步-ed (improved; like my Chinglish there?) leaps and bounds.

With every con, there is hopefully a pro to offset it. If my boss wasn't such a box of tools (or, as my handy dandy online dictionary has translated another pleasant word for him here), I think my time here would be full of pros. But. Idiocy, douche-baggery and plain-ol'-
偏見 are difficult to overlook.

0 comments: