Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 925: Hello December!

Does anyone feel like 2010 snuck up on them? I think that's a good and bad thing in my case. The beginning was rough (with the braces and bracing myself to apply to medical school again), but the end has been...just lovely (with the removal of braces, interviews and acceptances :D). I think there are so many things to be thankful for and I intend to post about them throughout the month.

The first of these "thankful" posts is for support...from all of you. Despite the disparagingly low number of comments, I know you read this absurd compilation of thoughts and feelings and boring med school updates (also known as my blog). It means the world to me that you a) care enough to read it, and b) call/email/comment when I so desperately need it. I know that when med school begins, my whole life will feel like it's unraveling before me (because of the sheer breadth of material I'll have to cram into my fivehead) and it's comforting to know that if I post about any of it, the five of you will read about it. It's hard to explain. It's nice to know someone cares, I suppose is the gist of it all.

So, thanks for reading. But really, thank you for being your exceptional selves. What I am capable of accomplishing in the next four years has little to do with me and everything to do with you, the people who inspire and encourage me to be more than I thought I could be. Especially when we all know how happy I would be to wallow in self-pity with the help of cheese, carbs, chocolate and bad TV.

0 comments: