Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 115: Studying for tests

I'm always wary of posting test dates because then my loquacious father always finds the need to bolster my study habits. Before you start, I'm studying. Already. So chill out.

Anyway, I've got two tests next week (Biology and Organic) and then Physics the week after. I'm going to ace all of them (and I say that sans cockiness but with craploads of studying to back up my knowledge train). Biology's just going to be a lot of memorization and it's a scantron test. Which I had to buy myself. I think going to a private school spoiled me to amenities such as provided scantrons and Blue Books. Organic doesn't seem too bad but I have to get my act together and a) actually buy myself a molecule set and b) practice Newman projections.

Eclipsed v. Staggered Conformations

B is interconnected to A so I think I need to just suck it up and buy it. I'm annoyed because mon nouveau ami Kevin won't just lend me his molecule set for a freaking week. Boys are so stupid.

Anyway, I hate physics. It is the bane of my existence and every day I walk into class, my soul dies a little. I am not exaggerating. This professor is the poster child for what not to do as a professor/old person. I am not kidding. He will fill an entire white-erase board with numbers and calculations and then look at it and forget a) everything he's done or b) what he was looking for. And I hate the book so I'm not learning well from that sucker either. I think I'm going to sell it and buy another more resourceful book. Maybe. I say a lot of things in theory while my implementation is only so-so.

I love SIP. I am SO glad I chose to do it. All the pros override the cons I was holding about this decision. SIP leader-wise, I've met a gaggle of wonderful people. SIP leading/session-wise, I'm lucky and have at least two people per session. I'm learning a lot of names and meeting a lot of people and it's going well. I hope to be a good leader and/or motivator to get them to do well and succeed. In general, I'm working on perfecting the SIP leading technique and I'm expecting more people per session in lieu of the upcoming test on 9/25.

I do apologize for not blogging enough but I'm working on it. I'll blog more next week post-(each?)tests to keep you all in the loop.

0 comments: