Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 3244: A week after Match

You would think that I would blog rightaway when I found out where I matched? Because I am sure you are all dying to know where I ended up. Well, most of you texted/contacted me, which I greatly appreciated. For those that didn't, I am pleased to tell you all that I am off to the University of Maryland for my internal medicine-pediatrics residency!

It was quite unexpected, but, as James Michener says, "We are never prepared for what we expect." So, to receive such unexpected news, was, well, surprising. It took me most of Friday, and the subsequent weekend, to process the news.

Overall, I am thrilled to be matched in to a residency I wanted (I can't say that for several medical students I know :\) and in a new city! I forget how close everything is on the east coast! DC, one hour away! Philadelphia, 2 hours away! New York City (my love!), 3 hours away! For all my east coast loves, we will be reunited soon, and often!

Anyway, thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I apologize for keeping some of you waiting, but I can't thank each of you enough for your support.

I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR. HOLY. COW.

0 comments: