Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 2436: Birthdays and funny stuff?

Happy birthday to my darling Nicki! (Kind of like that Prince song except Nikki is spelled 'ck' rather than 'kk' and by "kind of like" I mean not at all because that song is creepy-trashy.)

So, funny stuff? It has a question mark because after making the mistake of telling my Pathways (vague description in this post (wow! So long ago!)) advisor that I write a blog, he told me to send him the link. I told him it was pretty boring stuff, wouldn't you agree? I just update you on boring stuff. Med school = boring stuff. I'm not even my ever-so-funny self. Well, this is me attempting to be funny so that my advisor has something remotely entertaining to read (if he chooses to even read it. No pressure Mike. I'll only hate you forever if you don't. kloveyou). If I even choose to email him the link, that is.

Anyway, I am blogging to tell you all I am pretty much over anesthesiology. I have to wake up before sunrise to get to these lectures that I only somewhat learn from. Then, I stand around a lot and either get P.I.M.P.ed (Put In My Place questions that make me feel oh-so-valuable) or talked my ear off and I don't really learn much from either. Well, I learn from getting pimped but that's mainly because I am sweating half-a-bucket of sodium-chloride and am reminded at how dumb I am. GEEZ. Welcome to medicine, right?

I am slowly weaning myself off of surgery as a future career (and by surgery, I am referring to urology). As I am coming upon this realization through non-urology rotations, my pathways advisor told me that another doctor we work with has been "telling everyone" I want to do urology. Oh. Crap. Now, I not only have to impress the urology department during my December rotation (that was already on my To Do List), but now I actually have to... you know... impress them.

However, as a bonus, I get to figure out my life by 2014. I will have my family medicine rotation in November. Then urology in December. Then Jessica's life is figured out before 2014 is upon us. Yayyy! :\

0 comments: