Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 630: Rejected but not dejected



Since I last posted, I have been rejected by two schools. The first one was amusing because my first thought was, "Really? You haven't rejected me already? Huh..."

And then yesterday, I got rejected by UC Davis (the school that screwed me over because of a technical glitch in their system) and I was completely unphased. At this point, there's only one direction for me and that's forward. These rejections are rolling off me because I've fully prepared myself for them. Besides, I am getting my new application ready to go come whenever AMCAS 2011 opens.

So, for all of you who are so fantastic and caring, I'm fine. I was glad I could get out my feelings (in cartoon form!) and then they were done. Thank you all for your concern and well-wishes and good vibes. I'm not one with the universe but I'm surely not as depressed about life as I was last week.

I've decided when this is all over...the big brunt of applying and I'm finally in the interview stage...I'm going to write a new blog titled "What I Wish I Knew Before I Applied to Medical School". I feel like it could really help other people in the same boat. You know, the boat of "lost and confused and daunted pre-med post-baccs trying to get their life in order."

0 comments: