Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 1146: Three more weeks.

I had a fairly eventful weekend. I hung out and caught up with various people. It was good; I'm glad I got over my desire to stay in and be lazy and actually get out and socialize.

As my time in California winds down, I'm reaching a certain point where I'm ready to go. I have had a wonderful nine months to acclimate myself to the idea of going to med school and I'm just ready to do it. I expect it to be a big change from my life of lolly-/lallygagging, but it's going to be great.

I don't know if I've ever actually said this, but I am so grateful for the next phase of my life. Getting in to med school was an arduous and draining affair and I feel so lucky to have earned a place in the incoming class of 2015. I think what I am especially grateful for, is you. You (oh darling one-out-of-five readers) have supported me through all of this and still think I'm going to make a great doctor. I feel so lucky to spend my last weeks in California being surrounded by people that are proud of me and enrich my life on a daily basis.

Man! Who knew leaving for grad school would make me so emotional? Bleck. Pass.

0 comments: