Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 1332, Part 2: Snow Day!

I must apologize. I find that my "Snow Day!" title may express excitement that there was snow. Let me tell you what there actually was. Panic attacks. Freak outs. A little fishtailing. A little anti-locking of brakes. More panic attacks. More freak outs.

Much to my parents' assumed dismay and alarm, I had to drive during the snow "storm" today. I only call it a "storm" because it actually snowed consistently (rather than for an hour or two) and the snow is sticking. I drove to interview Danny's grandmother for my psych class and I almost died when I 1) felt my anti-lock brakes kick in, 2) fishtailed a little. Thank baby insert-religion-here that I had Danny in the car with me because I would just crawled to a stop and had a HUGE freak out in the middle of the road!

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know I successfully drove in the snow today! It still scares the beetlejuice out of me, but at least I have experience! I'll need more to feel comfortable/confident but little by little, I'll get there.

Here are some pictures. They aren't the best quality, but pictures make blog posts so much more fun don't you think?

My car when I left this morning!

My tire tracks as I pulled into my parking spot.

The walk to my apartment building. Fresh snow!

0 comments: