Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 934: I wish politics wasn't a part of everyday life.

I also wish this blog wasn't so "public." You know those stories you hear, about some idiot posting critical and/or secret things about their place of work and then someone eventually finding out and said-idiot gets fired? Well, I think I'm about to be that idiot.

I, of course, can't go into details. However, let it be known, that I wish my lab wasn't the "dumb kid" of the class. Everyone tolerates us and I hate being a part of this lab because I am automatically associated with this idiocy. When, in reality, I am nowhere in the realm of this ridiculousness.

I know this all sounds very vague so here is all you need to take away:
  1. I am the only person who speaks English fluently in my lab
  2. The surrounding labs try to minimize contact with our lab because we're sincerely not-the-most-fluent-English-speakers-nor-the-brightest-bulbs of the bunch
  3. Despite being very grateful for the opportunity to work/intern at this lab and put it on my application and/or resume, and despite how much I adore 40% of the lab, it is quite evident that this is not how science is done. As a result, I am saddened and a bit embarrassed to be associated with them.

0 comments: